The Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) is the apex body for the practice of Human Resource Management in Nigeria. CIPM is chartered by legislation to regulate and promote professional excellence in the acquisition and application of knowledge and skills by practitioners and through this contribute to sustainable national development. The Institute is continually implementing innovations, to positively transform, develop and sustain professional excellence in the Human Resource Profession.
The minimum educational requirement for student admission is the Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) with credit in five subjects, which must include English Language and Mathematics. Ordinary pass in either English Language or Mathematics may be considered for applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree/Higher National Diploma.
The examinations are held February and August every year. Full information about the examination is contained in the syllabus and applicants are enjoined to read it carefully. Candidates must have been admitted as student members at least one month before the examination date.
The examining process is in 6 stages, which are:
- Introduction to Management
- Writing and Communication Skills
- Introduction to Economics
- Introduction to Accounting
- Fundamentals of Psychology & Sociology
- Introduction to Human Resource Management
- Nigerian Business Environment
- Business Law
- Computer Application and Management Information System
- Elements of Politics and the Nigerian Legal System
- Business Administration
- Advanced Economics
- Accounting and Finance for Managers
- Business Statistics and Social Research Methods
- Learning and Development
- Public Administration
- Workforce Planning and Strategies
- Comparative Management and Administration
- Operations Research
- Organisational Behaviour and Performance
- Insurance and Pensions Management
- Advanced Human Resource Management I
- Presentation Skills
- Nigerian Labour Law
- Advanced Employment Relations
- Advanced Human Resource Management II
- Labour Market Analysis
Interested in advancing your career with the CIPM Program? Sign up to receive the latest news and information.